Welcome to the Croft School Council page
Here you will find everything you need to know about being a member of the school council from how to become one, to the roles and responsibilities of a councillor.
Every new school year in September, we hold our school council elections and each class elects two representatives to become part of the Croft School Council.
Being a school councillor is a very important position because you are responsible for:
- Attending regular meetings which are sometimes at lunchtimes.
- Listening to the views, opinions and concerns of other pupils
- Sharing those views, opinions and concerns with Senior Leaders and teachers
- Thinking of ways to improve our school and the way we do things
- Making decisions
- Supporting fundraisers
- Being involved in the recruitment process of new staff wanting to join our school
- Making a suggestion box for their classroom to give every pupil a voice
Last year, our school council were involved in – making posters for to promote school events, interviewing the candidates for the Deputy headship, choosing new playground equipment and sharing the views of the pupils with the Head Teacher on a variety of topics.
In July 2023, school council were given the amazing opportunity of visiting Domino’s Pizza to see how pizzas were made and to design and make their own pizzas. We met the manager and staff and learned a lot about the process of how pizza is made. The councillors were a credit to our school, they listened carefully, followed instructions and everyone had a fabulous time! We each made a pizza to take away with us – it was delicious!
If you would like to be a school councillor for the academic year 2023/2024, start thinking about what you are going to say to your classmates in your election speech to your class. Think about the qualities that you have that would make you a great school councillor. Or maybe you could share some of your ideas about how our school can be even better!